Sunday, March 4, 2012

My Blog is Now For Kids!

The truth about me and blogging - I just can't get totally into it! I love writing. Blogging seems like a good way to keep at it. But for some reason, it doesn't really keep me hooked.

Writing articles, however... that's another story.

I like writing articles, even if there's a good possibility they'll never be published. Lately, I've been writing articles about writing, but aimed toward kids. When I look up info about writing (craft, publishing, etc), it always seems to be meant for adults. The info about writing meant for kids almost always consists of a specific opportunity to get published. Which is fine, but what if a kid wants to know more about how to become a better writer? Or how the big-house publishing industry works? Or about different careers in writing and publishing?

Well, these questions have led me to retool my blog. It is now going to offer the answers to those questions - for kids! I'd love to have kids involved in shaping my blog, too. So if you know any kids who love to write and have some questions, please send them my way!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks! I have a little "writing club" in my room and they'll love your information :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great - I'm so glad to hear it!! What grade are your kids?

    ReplyDelete