Friday, July 8, 2011

Book Signing Tomorrow!

A few days ago, I started freaking out about my book signing (at The Book House of Stuyvesant Plaza, tomorrow at 3 p.m. - be there!) Then, I started preparing. Here's what I'm bringing with me:

1. A framed sign with my picture on it that explains if I'm not seated at the table, I'm out working the room.

2. Slips of paper visitors can fill out for a drawing to win a free book.

3. A container to hold said slips of paper.

4. A sheet of paper that asks people to follow my blog.

5. Business cards that tell people my blog address, email address and cell number (I'm still skeptical about that last one, but whatever).

6. Information to explain how my books were structured and the sources I used to write my books (since they're nonfiction).

7. A sign up sheet for young readers who'd be interested in reading and critiquing my middle grade novel (my next project).

8. A small framed page offering a synopsis of my book.

9. Information about my background and previously published books.

10. Scissors, paper, pens, tape, and a clipboard - just in case.

11. Refreshments of some sort TBD.

Preparing for this has made it more fun than nerve-wracking. I'm excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment